Eddie Stern is a worldly renowned yoga teacher who grew up in New York City. He studied Ashtanga Yoga, chanting, philosophy and ritual under Sri K. Pattabhi Jois, from Mysore, from 1991 – 2009.
He is the founder of the Broome Street Ganesha Temple in NYC and runs the Urban Yogis project that brings yoga and meditation to young adults and youth in disadvantaged and at-risk-to-violence communities in NYC, with his collaborator, Deepak Chopra.
Last year Eddie Stern published the beautiful gem of a Book called “One simple thing” – A new look at the Science of Yoga and how it can transform your life which received a great deal of recognition since then.
In our conversation we talked about:
• how Eddie Stern would explain Yoga to a total newbie
• his first contact with spirituality (spoiler alert: it was a book)
• if Yoga could change the world if we all get introduced to it at an early age?
• The Yamas and the Niyamas or setting boundaries to gain freedom
• 5 Kleshas
• spiritual bypassing vs confronting with ones own Traumas
• the Polyvagal Theory
• about the difference between Pranayama and Breathwork
• the beauty of Kirtan and Chanting
• and lots of more…
5 Books that Eddie recommended:
The end of Sorrow by Eknath Easwaran
7 Spiritual Laws of Success by Deepak Chopra
Yoga Philosophy of Patañjali by Swami Hariharananda Aranya
The Biology of Belief by Dr. Bruce Lipton
Learn how to integrate spiritual Routines to uplift your daily life in our free webinar “Ride the conscious wave of life” (in German)